Okay, so I skipped updating last week due to all the stress. Yay stress!
Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising. This year, RSW is being hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and of course, Jamie Morrow which is how I found it.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
We found a condo to move to so my writing took a bit of a backseat while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to organize myself for the fact that moving is actually reality now and happening much sooner than I am prepared for.
I did get a couple hundred words out though and I rocked the water drinking.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
- Get 1500 words on my WIP.
- Start purging my books
- drink more water
- get boxes for packing
- organize my son to go out west
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
One word that sums up what I wrote this week is "iffy" as I am not sure if it's not just going to be tossed come time for revision.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
I am not sure that my head was really in the writing over the last week as I was all in a panic over things becoming a reality with moving. I am much calmer this week with a plan of action even though I liked it better as an eventuality.
5. Something I love about my WiP:
I love that I am working on it and I don't completely hate it .