Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising. This year, RSW is being hosted by Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Elodie Nowodazkij, and of course, Jamie Morrow which is how I found it.
This week's check up is looking a little better.
1. How I did on last week’s goals:
I got some writing done, I did not hit my goal of 1500 words but I did get a couple hundred in. Sadly June is such a crazy month that it makes it hard to sit down and write.
I did get a slight start on purging my books, or I read a book and decided that I didn't want to keep it. Then decided I needed a second set of hands if I was going to make any actual progress on purging anything in my house to move.
I have drank a lot more water and feel better for it but still have migraines most days.
2. My goal(s) for this week:
- Write through the pain and hit at least 1000 words for the week or an hour a day.
- Find orange-ish brown fur for fox tails so that it's not eating away at my mind and keeping me from focusing.
- Clean up a short story that I found when I was organizing to move.
3. A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
What I wrote this week was: hectic.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write):
Finding a way to write through my headaches.
5. Something I love about my WiP:
That I am finally making the time to work on it.