B is for Books
When I was originally planning the posts for my theme I spent a lot of time thinking about the books I had read over the years. (there were a lot) Some stories stick with me but I can't remember the name of the book, some characters stick with me but I can't quite place their story and some books, some books are so burned in my mind that I could recite them in my sleep.
The entrance hall into my apartment looks like that picture above, it's lined with bookshelves that are literally overflowing with books. And still I seem to have books littering every free surface in my house. (that's not counting the kid's books, theirs are beginning to need a house of their own) Anyhow, the avid love of reading that goes on in my house has led to a mass number of "favorite books".
So here in no particular order are my top ten favorite books (as in the first ten that came to my head)
1) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- I just read this while I was in the hospital and I fell in love with it.
2) A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
- the first book I read by L'Engle, she is one of the writers that made me want to be a writer
3) A Ring Of Endless Light by Madeleine L'Engle
- love, love LOVE this book
4) Her Majesty's Wizard by Christopher Stasheff
5) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
6) The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
- another of my favorite authors
7) Eragon by Christpher Paolini
8) The Ruins Of Ambrai by Melanie Rawn
9) Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn
10) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
And like five million other books. So what's on your list of favorite books?